How Can We Help?
How do I install Modicon Simulator on a 64-bit version of the Windows operating system?
When installing Modicon Simulator, PLC WorkShop for Modicon, 505 Simulator, and PLC WorkShop for Siemens 505 on any 64-bit version of the Windows operating system, you may see the following messages:
- The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.
- This app can’t run on your PC. To find aversion for your PC, check with the software publisher.
If these messages are displayed, you do not need to acquire a different version of the software. Instead, manually run the setup program by doing the following:
- Browse to the simulator folder on the PLC WorkShop installation CD.
- Double-click the file named Setup.exe.
- Follow the displayed instructions to complete the installation.
Note: There is also a file named Setup.exe on the root folder of the CD. Running this file will not work. You must run the Setup.exe file in the simulator folder.