How do I install FTVersionTrak on a Windows 7 or 8 operating system?
- An Internet connection is required to perform this installation procedure. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended due to the large size of the required downloads.
- If User Account Control is enabled, there may be additional dialog boxes to confirm operation of some actions. These dialog boxes are not shown in these instructions.
Complete the following steps to install FTVersionTrak on a Windows 7 or 8 operating system. Please click here to download detailed installation instructions with screenshots.
- Download SQL Server 2008 SP3 Express from the Internet
- Using an Internet browser, download the file named SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe from this URL: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27597. Do not install this file at this time. This file will be installed later.
- Install FTVersionTrak from the FTVersionTrak CD-ROM.
- Install the Server 2008 SP3 Express Update.